Come be a part of the highest rated high school in Seminole County! Crooms AOIT is accepting new students for grades 9-12 for the 2019-2020 school year. Apply today: https://seminoleschoolchoicesapplication.us/apply/
Laptop & Schedule Pickup Info
Returning Students: Laptop and Schedule Pickup, August 1st 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- Returning student families may complete the Parent Online Laptop Training linked here in advance of August 1st: http://bit.ly/croomsaoit_laptoptraining
- Once the online training is complete, families may pick up their student’s laptop and schedule on August 1st anytime between 8:30 am – 11:30 am
9th Graders and New Students to Crooms: Laptop Training and Schedule Pickup, August 1st
- Attend either session more convenient for your family. It is required for new families to attend one of the face to face trainings below.
- Session 1: 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
- Session 2: 3 pm – 5 pm
AVAILABLE JULY 1st: Technology Fee and Laptop Insurance Payment Method
- It is required to use MySchoolBucks® to pay Laptop Insurance and Technology Fees in advance of the Orientation Meetings detailed below. If your student attended school within SCPS last year, you may use the same MySchoolBucks® account used for school lunches. Enrollment in MySchoolBucks® is easy for families new to SCPS. Use the link below and select “Sign up today!” with your child’s name and student ID number to register. Laptop Insurance covers replacement of the laptop in the case of loss or irreparable damage with a $100 deductible rather than the full cost of the laptop at $1,500. The Technology User Fee assists our academy in covering the cost of replacement parts for laptops as well as the software licensing fees for the vast programs imaged to our student laptops.
- The fee schedule is as follows:
- Laptop Insurance: $21, Technology User Fee: $31
- Click here to pay for Laptop Insurance and Technology User Fees Starting JULY 1!
- Login then select “School Store -> Categories -> Student Fees”
- Risse Brothers is once again our school uniform contact for this year. Although Risse Brothers will not be on campus during schedule and laptop pick up, they are offering an online 10% back to school sale on July 15-16. You can visit their online store here: https://www.rissebrothers.com/shop.cfm
- PTSA Uniform Sales and Membership, August 1st:
- Our PTSA will be on campus during schedule and laptop pick up to sell gently used Crooms uniforms! We also encourage each of you to purchase your PTSA membership at that time as well.
- PE Uniform Shirts, August 1st:
- PE uniform shirts will be available for purchase at laptop/schedule pick up as well. Cash or check payment will be accepted.
First Day of School, Monday, August 12th
Glad to start school on Monday this year! Students will go to all 7 periods of the day.
Open House, 6:00 pm Thursday, August 29th
Come in to see each of your student’s teachers in their classes to briefly present their curriculum. As usual, you will rotate from 1st to 7th period.
School Advisory Council
Crooms Academy is currently collecting nominations for next year's School Advisory Council. Thank you for considering this important work in service to the Crooms community! Upon collecting nominations, each stakeholder group (Instructional, Non-Instructional, Parents/Community, and Student Council) will elect their representatives as detailed in the Crooms AOIT SAC Bylaws.
If you would like to serve on the 20-21 Crooms AOIT School Advisory Council, please complete the short nomination form here no later than Friday, April 19th, 2019: Nomination Form
All athletes must be cleared through the Athletic Department prior to conditioning, tryouts, open gyms or participation in a sport.
Athletic packets are available at this websitehttps://tinyurl.com/sportpacket
Academic is a PRIORITY. Eligibility is determined by the FHSAA and Seminole County Public School Policy. Incoming freshmen are given one semester to bring or maintain a minimum 2.0 unweighted GPA. An unweighted GPA of 2.0 is required at the end of each semester to maintain or become eligible
for athletics. Eligibility is governed by the FHSAA and the dates it imposes.
Tryout Dates are August 5th and 6th at 1:30pm -4:00pm.at Airport Lanes - 190 East Airport Blvd., Sanford, Florida 32773
MUST have physical packet submitted to Dr. Miller PRIOR to reporting to tryouts.
All athletes will meet at Airport Lanes and be assigned a lane to begin bowling. Coaches will observe all bowlers to determine who will make the cut for the team. Coaches will announce the final team on August 9th via email. School starts on August 12th. More information about the details of the season will be provided at our first official team meeting with parents on August 12, 2019 at 6 p.m.
Volleyball Open Gym
Volleyball will have open gym on June 26th, July 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st. Each Sessions is 2 1/2 hours long and starts at 1:00pm ends at 3:30pm. You must be cleared through the Athletic Department participation in this open gym. .
The Crooms Swim Team starts the first day of school. August 12th is an informational meeting at 2:30pm in Room 01-204 and August 13th is the Swim Team tryouts. The Swim season runs August-November 2nd. For further information regarding the Crooms Swim Team, contact Elaine_Baker@scps.k12.fl.us.
conditioning will take place in the Gym from 1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m. on
Monday July 22ndWednesday July
Friday July 26th
conditioning will resume in the Gym from 6:00 p.m.- 8:00 p.m. on
Monday July 29th
Freshman Cheer leading Tryouts will be held August 7th - 9th, from 2:30 - 5:00. Anyone wishing to tryout must have a completed physical packet on file with Ms. Richards, and must attend all three days of tryouts. Additional information will be available at Laptop Orientation.